- What’s the occasion?
- Who are you delivering the speech to?
- How long does the speech need to be?
- What’s your objective?
FROM DISCUSSION TO DELIVERY
This is how our speechwriting process works.
We’ll establish a broad-brush picture of what you’re looking for.
(We can do this on the phone or in person.)
What will the speech sound like? How should it move, amuse, surprise and affect your audience?
We’ll review your expectations in detail:
- Are there any key messages you want your audience to take away?
- Any actions you want them to take?
- Should your speech cement their expectations or pull the rug out from under them?
We don't go from initial discussion to first draft speech.
We’ll deliver a sample extract first.
Depending on the size of the speech, we’ll deliver a few paragraphs or a few pages to give you a sense of how the speech will sound. This will give you an early opportunity to try it – to see how it ‘feels in the mouth’!
Your first draft will be a complete version of the speech.
You’ll need to:
- Read the speech aloud.
- Make sure it sounds and feels right.
- Fact check the speech.
- See if there are any words or phrases that don’t fit your normal tone of voice.
Once you’ve lived with the draft for a few days, tell me what you think...
I’ll work through any necessary changes with you and then deliver your revised speech, all ready for the big day.
Call me on 0115 8284986 to discuss your next speechwriting project.